Publishing & Distribution
Scholastic sells approximately one out of every two children’s books purchased in the U.S.
- Scholastic Trade Publishing releases about 600 original titles annually in the U.S. under 18 imprints, including bestsellers and award-winners, which appeal to established and fledgling readers.
- Scholastic Reading Club is in more than 80% of pre-K to grade 8 classrooms in the U.S. and continues to put free books into teachers’ hands.
- Scholastic Book Fairs conducts 129,000 school-based fairs annually in the U.S., helping schools create a culture of reading.
- Storia® School Edition, our streaming ebook delivery system, offers access to a carefully curated library of 2,000 well-known fiction and nonfiction ebooks for pre-K through grade 6.
Scholastic Education & Classroom Materials
Scholastic Education and Classroom & Supplemental Publishing materials can be found universally in schools across the U.S.
Scholastic operates in countries around the world with original publishing of trade books and educational materials, as well as Book Clubs and Book Fairs, and exports to more than 150 countries.
- Scholastic publishes original educational materials from our Singapore offices, where we bring best practices in mathematics instruction from the world’s most successful countries to a global audience. Scholastic also takes the best English language instructional practices from our U.S. Education division and makes them available to educators worldwide.
- In conjunction with the U.S. Department of State, Scholastic published My
Arabic Library, a collection of grade-leveled libraries for grades 1 through 6 that are now in use in every Arabic-speaking country in the world. Scholastic also published My Afghan Library in cooperation with the State Department and the Afghan Ministry of Education and distributed 2.3 million books to 27 of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces.
Scholastic Media, Licensing & Advertising
Scholastic produces quality educational and entertaining materials, including television programming, films, videos, and games.