At the core of our programs and services is the understanding that literacy is the key to learning and achievement and our unwavering belief that all children can learn. Our goal at Scholastic is to light a spark within each and every child and “Open a World of Possible” through reading.
Scholastic sells approximately one out of every two children’s books purchased in the U.S.
- Scholastic Trade Publishing releases about 600 original titles annually in the U.S. under 18 imprints, including bestsellers and award-winners, which appeal to established and fledgling readers.
- Scholastic Reading Club is in more than 80% of pre-K to grade 8 classrooms in the U.S. and continues to put free books into teachers’ hands.
- Scholastic Book Fairs conducts about 130,000 school-based fairs annually in the U.S., helping schools create a community culture of reading.
- Scholastic Entertainment takes beloved stories and characters such as
Clifford the Big Red Dog®,
The Magic School Bus®, and
Goosebumps®, beyond the page in educational and entertaining media.
Scholastic Education provides cusomized, comprehensive print and digital school solutions that raise acheivement for preK to grade 12 students.
- Scholastic Classroom Magazines have 14 million subscribers to its 28 print and digital magazines.
Guided Reading and
Classroom Books to digital resources including
Storia® School Edition, and
BookFlix™, supplemental programs provide solutions to fill critical resource gaps, options that build classroom libraries, and resources for differentiating reading instruction.
- Scholastic Family and Community Engagement (F.A.C.E.) supports literacy development in underserved communities through book distributions, mentoring programs and a research-based parent engagement curriculum.
- Recognizing that professional educators are committed to becoming the best teachers possible, Scholastic provides professional books and training from thought leaders and practitioners that empower and deliver tangible strategies and actions they can implement immediately.
- Scholastic produces two highly regarded professional magazines for educators:
Scholastic Administr@tor™ and
- Scholastic National Partnerships works with non-profit organizations, government agencies and some corporations to provide free books and educational materials to schools and families throughout the U.S.
Scholastic operates in countries around the world with original publishing of trade books and educational materials, distribution through Book Clubs and Book Fairs, instructional materials for schools, and exports to more than 165 countries.
- Scholastic publishes original educational materials from our Singapore offices, bringing best practices in mathematics instruction from the world’s most successful countries to a global audience. Scholastic also takes the best English language instructional practices from the U.S. Education division and makes them available to educators worldwide.
- In conjunction with the U.S. Department of State, Scholastic published My
Arabic Library, a collection of grade-leveled libraries for grades 1 through 6 that are now in use in every Arabic-speaking country in the world. Scholastic also published My Afghan Library in cooperation with the State Department and the Afghan Ministry of Education and distributed 2.3 million books to 27 of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces.