- Participate in the establishment of a "student-centered" classroom.
- Create a list of classroom jobs and descriptions they think are needed in the classroom.
- Evaluate the importance of classroom jobs.
- Become acquainted with duties and responsibilities of each classroom job.
- Complete a Classroom Manager Job Application.
- Hold a Classroom Manager position sometime throughout the school year.
- Create a "working" Classroom Constitution that governs the classroom and supports school rules, policies, and procedures.
- Develop a maximum of six positively stated rules or Classroom Standards.
- Help edit and revise the final draft of the Classroom Constitution.
Hold a "New Hire Orientation" and present students with badges indicating their chosen Classroom Manager positions for which they were "hired."