Celebrate Women's History Month with lesson plans and online activities to honor women who made a difference in the world.
- Discover the history behind women's suffrage
- Develop vocabulary related civics and citizenship
- Explore world and U.S. maps
- Draw conclusions about patterns in women suffrage dates
- Make personal connections to suffrage history
Using Scholastic's Women's Suffrage online activity, students will read through Effie Hobby's story and have a chance to ask questions.
2 CLASS PERIODS
6 CLASS PERIODS
Students will read background information on the fight for women's suffrage and its eventual success in Scholastic's Women's Suffrage online activity. Students can then write a persuasive essay on why women should or should not be allowed to vote.
5 CLASS PERIODS