What you need:
- Stickers of your choice (or pictures of activities your child can color)
- Paper, chalkboard, or white board
- Markers, chalk, or dry erase markers
What to do:
- Speak with your child's teacher to find out what types of activities the kids do in class: art projects, reading books, practicing numbers and letters, building with blocks, outdoor games, circle time, etc. If possible, get a copy of the lesson plan so you'll know what topics and themes are on the agenda.
- Make a list of these activities on paper, a chalkboard, or a white board — one for each day of the week.
- When your child gets home each day, have her place a sticker next to the activities she remembers doing.
- Let your child help decorate the picture schedule, and add dates so that you can track progress throughout the year.