What you need:
- Tempera paints
- Hole punch
- Safety scissors
- Paper plates
What to do:
- Talk with your child about her favorite animals and explain that she can make an animal mask. She can refer to a picture of a real animal to help make her mask.
- Give your child a paper plate to use as the base.
- Measure where the eyeholes will go and cut out the holes for your child, making them large enough so that she can see safely.
- Encourage your child to paint, draw, and use a variety of materials to design her mask.
- After the decorations have dried, attach a large craft stick to the bottom of the mask so she can hold it up to her face.
- Invite her to dramatize a favorite story.