What you need:
- Medium-sized cardboard box or inexpensive, plain tote bag (available at discount or craft stores)
- Fabric markers
- Glitter, felt pieces, stickers, and other art supplies
- Notepad (spiral or sticky)
- Pencil or pen
What to do:
- Decorate your box or bag using the markers and art supplies. You might want to draw your favorite library book characters or scenes. Label it "Library Books" in big letters for easy reference. You can make both the box and bag (use the bag to carry books back and forth, as well as to store books at home) or choose one.
- Stick the back of the notepad to the box with glue or tape. Attach the pencil or pen to the box with string.
- Every time you pick up new books at the library, write the due date on the notepad. When you return the books, rip off the old due date and jot down the new one. If you're making a tote bag, just store a sticky notepad and pencil in the bag. At home, keep the due-date sheet on the outside of the bag.
- Store your book keeper in a visible place apart from your own books. Now you'll never get your library books mixed in with your own — or miss a due date!