- Become team players
- Discuss, recommend, and evaluate classroom rules
- Refresh and build upon Internet skills
- Gather data regarding the history, culture, and economics of Hawaii through Internet research
- Examine printed materials used by travel agencies to promote tourism to Hawaii
- Discuss how information presented in travel brochures and itineraries educate and persuade visitors to visit Hawaii
- Locate information with the use of various sources
- Present travel brochure and itinerary in an oral presentation
- Participate in a Hawaiian luau
The unit will culminate with a festive classroom luau featuring the language, music, dance, and foods native to Hawaii. Parents will be invited to attend and participate.
Take a tropical approach to the start of the school year as students learn about our 50th state, get to know each other, and establish classroom expectations.