Teachers share their best reading and writing units that boost essential literacy skills for each grade level.
- Utilize brainstorming techniques in a writing exercise.
- Analyze important events in sequential order.
- Create a graphic timeline organizer.
- Set personal goals for the school year.
- Develop an understanding of journal style writing.
- Explore self-expression through journal writing.
Students take their completed graphic timelines home and allow family members to make additions to the project. Create a time capsule in class to store the timeline for future use. Capsules can be made from decorated paper towel rolls or folders.
Offers teachers a lesson plan for getting students to think about their identity and their goals through brain storming and journal writing. This activity also encourages classmates to get to know each other.
1 CLASS PERIOD
Have students analyze and then illustrate the important events of their lives using a sequential graphic timeline.