- Learn about hermit crabs and their shells
- Design a shell for a hermit crab
- Write a short story about a day in the life of a hermit crab
- Research snails with a walk around the room activity
- Experiment and research how the snail moves and how fast it travels
- Research a type of turtle and create an informative poster about it
- Write a story about a time they "came out of their shell"
- Complete a wordsearch
Students appreciate shells by imagining themselves as hermit crabs and painting their own shells.
Explore snails and their shells by observing them up close, taking notes, and researching information.
Students learn about turtle shells and anatomy through read-alouds, creating informative posters, and writing about times they've come out of their shells.