- Engage in critical discussions
- Discover picture books for presenting ideas
- Learn how literature can break barriers and build bridges
- Respond to shared texts in group discussions
- Practice critical-thinking skills
- Learn and apply the comprehension strategy of making connections
- Make connections and react to various texts using a double-entry journal
- Research suspension bridges
- Demonstrate knowledge of abstract concepts of geometric shapes and measurement
- Design a suspension bridge
- Construct a suspension bridge and describe the process
- Create a presentation
Students will become amateur architects by designing, constructing, and presenting a suspension bridge. Students will invite parents to the presentations and the test of strength of their suspension bridges.
Strategic reading with the use of a double-entry journal to express thoughts and become more involved with material.