- Gain knowledge of the social context surrounding J.K.Rowling’s biography
- Compile information about author J.K.Rowling into a resume
- Gather, compile, analyze, and categorize information about personal interests, skills, activities, careers, and achievements in order to create a career-related portfolio
- Record information to be used in the creation of a resume
- Learn appropriate resume techniques
- Examine the “Do's and Don’ts” of completing a job application
- Exhibit appropriate behavior during a mock job interview
After creating their career portfolios, allow your students to further reflect about their life experiences by practicing their college and scholarship essay-writing skills. Using the activity Writing and Scholarship Planning for College-Bound Students, students connect an anecdotal event to the essay topic: Describe an event or experience that had a positive influence on the way that you approach financial management. Enter them into the essay contest by April 11, 2007 and they could win a college scholarship!
Prepares student for work and careers by teaching them to fill out job applications and having them practice mock job interviews.
Students learn how to draft a resume and portfolio by creating one for Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling and then one for themselves.