- Learn about the life cycle of a pumpkin.
- Observe growth and decomposition.
- Learn where food comes from.
- Practice early reading skills through a shared reading.
- Estimate the circumference of a pumpkin.
- Compare their estimation to those of their classmates.
- Measure familiar objects in the school.
- Record measurements.
Have a Pumpkin Party and eat some of the many foods that can be made with pumpkins. Invite students to bring Jack-o-lanterns to set the mood.
Teach your students about the life cycle of pumpkins through nonfiction books, as well as observation activities.
Describes a lesson involving students' observance of pumpkins at their early stages of growth and during decomposition.