These pumpkin-themed lessons incorporate literacy, science, and math to teach students about the growth and decomposition of pumpkins.
- Learn about the life cycle of a pumpkin
- Observe growth and decomposition
- Learn where food comes from
- Practice early reading skills through a shared reading
- Estimate the circumference of a pumpkin
- Compare their estimation to those of their classmates
- Measure familiar objects in the school
- Record measurements
Have a Pumpkin Party and eat some of the many foods that can be made with pumpkins. Invite students to bring Jack-o-lanterns to set the mood.
Pumpkin Book List
Teach your students about the life cycle of pumpkins through nonfiction books, as well as observation activities.
In this fall-themed lesson about measurements, students will estimate the circumference of a pumpkin and travel around the school measuring familiar objects.