- Understand the importance of ocean life and the ocean environment
- Use graphic organizers to order their questions and discoveries
- Read online texts from the Field Reports to build comprehension of the nature of scientific inquiry
- Demonstrate an understanding of behavior and adaptations of organisms
- Interact with online technology to view, describe, and discuss different dolphin behaviors
- Investigate a local water ecosystem by making observations and collecting samples
- Use a variety of technological and informative resources to conduct research and analyze data about the sea turtles and dolphins
- Research ocean life and report on findings
Students investigate and observe ocean life while also practicing their reading comprehension, note taking, and writing skills.
Student learn about marine life while also developing their observation, research, reading, and writing skills.
Students learn about the characteristics and behaviors of sea otters and other land and sea mammals through various learning activities.
Students learn about Costa Rican sea turtles through Scholastic's Ocean Life activity while enhancing their research and creative writing skills.