Follow the history of individuals who changed the world with this collection of teaching resources for Black History Month.
- Explore details of the civil rights movement
- Research and discuss significant historical figures and events of the civil rights movement
- Sequence these significant events in a time line
- Discuss the importance of appreciating individual differences
- Learn two new vocabulary terms: segregation and supremacy
Allow students to visit other classrooms to share their time lines while reading their paragraphs about the civil rights movement.
This lesson shows students the value of our similarities and differences, while teaching them about Rosa Parks.
Students will be introduced to significant figures and events of the Civil Rights movement as they create a Civil Rights timeline.