- Create an Iditarod Picture Dictionary based on key terms and concepts
- Explore the geography of Alaska and the Iditarod by navigating an interactive map of the route and competing in a virtual sled race
- Generate questions for champion mushers to learn about their lives and the lives of sled dogs
- Research the checkpoints along the Iditarod and recreate the race in the classroom
- Form opinions on the treatment of sled dogs and express their thoughts in an online poll
- Write persuasive essays on the treatment of sled dogs
Through various online activities, students get an inside look at the annual 1,100-mile dogsled race across Alaska's windswept tundra.