- Practice research skills using technology
- Locate information using a variety of resources
- Employ relevant pre-writing strategies and organizational techniques
- Identify literary elements, such as mood and dominant impression
- Respond to creative writing using interpretive, critical, and evaluative processes
- Apply knowledge to create haiku poetry
- Create appropriate visual presentations
Students present their own haiku and display visual presentations while enjoying a day of Japanese cultural activities.
Students conduct online research about ancient Japan, haiku poetry, and the samurai. In this lesson plan, students chart, write, and compare their findings.
3 CLASS PERIODS
Students discover the beautiful simplicity of haiku poetry through researching, reading, and analyzing its components.
2 CLASS PERIODS
Students write their own haiku poetry based on past readings and research.