Students create a model of the land-to-water ratio and search for all the places water is used at their school while on a Great Water Hunt. They also learn about the water cycle as they test their hypotheses and observe an experiment.
- Discuss where we find water
- Compare how much of the world is covered with water
- Observe where in the school, home, and community we use water
- Distinguish between water from different sources
- Observe the stages in the water cycle
- Hypothesize the source of rain
- Recall where we find forms of water on Earth
Offers a lesson plan for teaching students to identify and map water and land ratios.
2 CLASS PERIODS
Use this science experiment to teach students how the water cycle plays an essential role in maintaining Earth's ecosystems.