- Choose a fictional character to nominate for President based on positive character traits
- Summarize the process involved in electing a president
- Spend their allotted budget wisely in order to create an effective advertising campaign
- Present a persuasive speech speaking from the point of view of their fictional character
- Analyze information put forth by each character in order to make an informed choice on Election Day
Classmates unite around the newly elected president during an Inauguration Day celebration.
Students discuss presidential elections, identify desirable leadership qualities, and create a campaign for a fictional character.
Students learn about presidential campaigns through budgeting, speech writing, and other activities in this lesson plan.