- Read and recite facts about customs from the Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa holidays
- Compare and contrast these holiday celebrations using a graphic organizer
- Write a five-sentence paragraph about one of the three holidays
- Recall the months of the year
- Learn the components of a calendar
- Apply their learning about holiday customs to consider their own favorite holiday and family traditions
- Draw a variety of symbols that represent their favorite holiday
- Learn the term "tradition"
Students read and discuss Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa customs, then use a graphic organizer to compare and contrast them.
Students learn the months of the year by making calendar pages for their favorite holidays and discussing holiday traditions.