- Understand that biographies give an account of a person's life and achievements
- Explore several different types of biographies to help determine their area of interest
- Use various resources to research one notable person.
- Write a biographical sketch
- Create several "artifacts" and gather props that help tell the story of the person they have researched
- Prepare a presentation to share what they have learned
After students have researched several people who have made a difference, they present the knowledge they have gathered on "Meet Your Hero Day." Students dress up as the person they researched and present the contents of a suitcase or trunk they have prepared to the class. You may invite parents to attend this showing and provide refreshments afterwards to reward the students for their efforts.