Bring hearts and valentines into the classroom with these cross-curricular crafts and lesson plans.
- Be able to diagram the human heart, following the blood flow in and out
- Become familiar with the terms having to do with the heart
- Compare and contrast the heartbeats per minute while resting and taking part in different exercises
- Identify exercises that promote a healthy heart
- Identify healthy habits, including healthy eating habits
- Create posters promoting healthy hearts
- Research the history of the heart shape
- Create a work of art using a paper heart
- Write a Valentine’s Day poem about a classmate
At the end of this unit, the students will participate in a charitable event (for example, decorating heart cookies at an orphanage or nursing home and reading the residents poems or doing a heart craft), as well as their classroom Valentine's Day party. Our school also has a "Jump Rope for Heart" day around this time of year.
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
1 CLASS PERIOD