Experiment with online weather tools, meet weather experts, track storms, and learn about earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, and more.
- Observe and record weather conditions
- Learn how to determine a mean/average number
- Calculate the average weather temperature over a five-day period
- Follow step-by-step directions to construct paper gliders
- Make predictions
- Observe how wind and weight influence the ability to fly
Students use the Internet to chart rainfall totals in their area over a weeklong period and use this information to determine the mean rainfall total.
This lesson plan for math and science teaches students to read and record the temperature, and then determine the average temperature for the week.
Use paper gliders to teach your students about wind and it's effects on objects, with weight as a determining factor.