The holidays are officially over and your students may have a mix of excitement, anxiousness, and post-holiday blues as they return to school. A fun (and educational) 100th Day of School celebration will help keep your students' momentum going, while also providing a great opportunity to honor their progress.
The good news is you don't have to spend 100 hours of planning to mark this momentous milestone. The Scholastic Teachables 100th Day of School printable pack has you covered. We’ve put our favorite 100th Day printables, mini-books, and activities for grades K–1 learners in one printable pack to save you time and money.
Use this pack to showcase the number 100 throughout your school day, from your morning meeting to your word wall, in your learning centers and leveled-reading groups, all the way to your writing block and math lessons (naturally).
Here’s just some of what’s inside:
- Four leveled mini-books: 100 Is Fun to Count (level C) and its Spanish companion, ¡Es divertido contar hasta cien! (level C), 100th Day of School (level D), and The 100th Day of School Mini-Book (level I).
- A 100 Days of School! read-aloud play that will have students chanting about 100 things and events to celebrate.
- The math mini-book How Do You Count to 100? to practice skip-counting by 2’s, 5’s, 10’s, 20’s, 25’s, and 50’s.
- Three fill-in writing prompts, 100th Day Dog, Hip, Hip Hooray for the 100th Day, and Celebrate 100, to inspire creativity.
- A Happy 100th Day! Fill-in Reward certificate to celebrate students’ completion of this milestone.
Looking for other 100th Day of School ideas?:
You can also incorporate these five kid-favorite interactive classroom activities:
Have your students cut out 100 paper snowflakes to decorate your classroom.
Step Up to 100
Have each student take 100 steps and mark where they finish.
Discover a Number of Books
Fill a reading log with 100 favorite book titles.
Look to the Past and the Future
Talk about what life was like 100 years ago…and predict what it might be like 100 years from now.
Have your students craft necklaces from 100 beads.
Get the 100th Day of School printable pack today in the Scholastic Teachables Digital Downloads shop and explore our other thematic and skill packs including Differentiation Packs for reaching all of your learners!
Want more great content? Click here to subscribe to our Teacher Newsletter and get teaching ideas delivered right to your inbox.