Welcome to Plan, Save, Succeed!, a new financial literacy program designed to address important personal finance concepts — such as budgeting, income, saving, and credit — in a real-world context that middle school students will find meaningful.
Developed by The Actuarial Foundation with Scholastic, the program provides knowledge and skill-building activities through a fun, relatable story line about two siblings saving to buy a car. They construct a budget and learn about earnings and deductions from work, interest from saving, and the cost of credit.
- Consider the role saving plays in financial planning by creating monthly budgets
- Learn about voluntary and involuntary salary deductions, and calculate the dollar amount of deductions by applying the relevant percentage
- Learn about various interest-bearing bank accounts, and use fractions, decimals, and percentages to calculate interest
- Plan, Save, Succeed! Worksheet: Budget Basics
- Answer Key: Plan, Save, Succeed! Worksheets
- Plan, Save, Succeed! Classroom Poster
- Standards Chart: Plan, Save, Succeed!
- Bonus Plan, Save, Succeed! Worksheet: Cash or Credit?
- Plan, Save, Succeed! Worksheet: Where Did the Money Go?
- Plan, Save, Succeed! Worksheet: Making Money While You Sleep