Welcome to Designing With Geometry, a new math program designed to build understanding of key geometry concepts. Developed by The Actuarial Foundation with Scholastic, this program provides skill-building and critical-thinking activities in a real-world context.
- Learn to use a coordinate plane and be able to draw polygons; measure length, perimeter, and area; find missing coordinates; and calculate distance
- Calculate a scale factor and use it to determine side lengths
- Use knowledge of supplementary, complementary, adjacent, and vertical angles to write and solve equations to find missing angle measurements
- Determine congruence as well as complete transformations, including translations, reflections, and rotations
- Identify the properties of a right triangle and apply understanding of the Pythagorean Theorem to find distances on a coordinate grid