Twenty recipients will be randomly selected. Entry deadline: March 28, 2018.
See below for entry details!
A. Pre- and post-assessment quizzes are available online and as PDFs:
1) ONLINE QUIZ VERSIONS:
Teachers can provide students the links below to take the pre- and post-assessment quizzes online.
There is also an option at the end of each quiz for students to print out their results.
2) PRINTABLE QUIZ VERSIONS:
Teachers can provide printouts for students of the pre- and post-assessment quizzes here:
B. Teachers can participate in the giveaway in one of three ways:
1) Online Entry for Teachers — only available for teachers whose students have completed quizzes online.
Eligible teachers using this entry method will complete an online entry form confirming that one or more of their students took assessments online.
Eligible teacher entrants must submit their forms between 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 19, 2017, and 11:59 p.m. ET on March 21, 2018 (the “Entry Period”).
2) Email Entry for Teachers — only available for teachers whose students have completed quizzes online.
Eligible teachers using this entry method will email the following information to email@example.com:
The following statement: “I confirm that one or more of my students have completed online Pre- and Post-Assessments from the Breaking Barriers program.”
The following information:
- Teacher Name:
- Email Address:
- Grade(s) Taught:
- Approximate number of students who completed online assessment quizzes:
Eligible teacher entrants must submit email entries by March 21, 2018.
3) Mail-In Entry for Teachers — only available for teachers whose students have completed printable versions of the quizzes.
Eligible teachers using this entry method will mail physical copies of the completed Pre-Assessment and Post-Assessment Quizzes, along with their name, email address, school, city/state, and grade(s) taught to:
Breaking Barriers Giveaway—Assessments Enclosed
P.O. Box 713
New York, NY 10013-0713
All entries submitted by mail must be postmarked by March 21, 2018, and received by March 28, 2018.
* Breaking Barriers Student Assessment Teacher Giveaway: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Breaking Barriers Student Assessment teacher giveaway is open to teachers, 18 years of age or older, who (i) are legal residents of, and currently reside in, the U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, or Canada (excluding Quebec), (ii) currently teach the Breaking Barriers lessons and administer the Breaking Barriers quizzes in their classrooms of grades 4–9; and (iii) submit those quizzes to Scholastic. To enter, a teacher must confirm that his/her students have completed assessment quizzes and he/she has submitted those quizzes to Scholastic as detailed in the Official Rules. The deadline to enter the giveaway is March 21, 2018. Void where prohibited. Teacher may enter the giveaway by email, online, or by mail. Twenty (20) recipients will each receive a $100 MasterCard® Gift Card. Based on a random drawing on or about April 16, 2018. For complete details and Official Rules, visit scholastic.com/breakingbarriers/assessment. Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, NY, NY 10012.