Speak About the Future
- Small groups and partners
ENCOURAGE students to discuss what they imagine their lives might be like in the future.
WRITE on the chalkboard several sentences such as the following:
- In the morning, I might be awakened by _____.
- I might eat _____ for breakfast.
- To get to school I might _____.
- In my classroom there might be _____.
- After school, I might _____.
Students can work in small groups or as partners to come up with a possible schedule for a day one hundred years from now. Then have them present their hypotheses aloud.
REVIEW good speaking skills with students before their presentations. Ask them to stick to the topic and speak loudly and clearly and with confidence.
GRADE students on their ability to state their ideas clearly.