Teach your students about underwater life and the science of the world's oceans with this collection of resources.
- Books about sharks
- Pictures of sharks (printed or cut from magazines)
- Poster paper
Set Up and Prepare
- Sort students into small, cooperative groups.
Step 1: Challenge cooperative groups to research information on sharks. You may want to assign student groups different species of sharks or sharks of different regions to prevent research overlap.
Step 2: Have each group design a museum exhibit based on their research. They might:
- create a fact chart about sharks.
- display pictures, photographs, and realistic models of sharks.
- make clay models of different kinds of sharks.
- conduct tours of the museum, pointing to items of special interest.
Contact an aquarium to request a sample of shark skin or a shark's tooth, or gather information about sharks to display. Children can make labels identifying each object.