- Practice using meaning clues (e.g. pictures, picture captions, title, cover, headings, story structure, story topic) to aid comprehension
- Make predictions about content (e.g. actions, events, character's behavior)
- A book from the Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Parks
Step 1: Looking at the cover of the book and the title, ask the students to make predictions about the content of the story.
Step 2: Keep a list of Junie B. Jones behaviors. Keep a list of Junie B. Jones words and phrases.
Step 3: The students will retell the story and act it out.
- Students can write a comparison between their own behavior and Junie B.'s behavior.
- Explore the Junie B. Jones website for activities.
- Make Junie B. Jones masks to wear when students retell the story.
- Record the students when they act out the story. Then using iMovie or another movie editing software, add titles and special effects to enhance the story. Save the movie as a Quicktime movie. Show the video to other classes or allow the students to check it out to view at home.