Plan your year ahead with these teacher-tested multimedia units including audio and online publishing resources for students, plus lesson plans and free printables for you.
Flashlight Readers is an online club that provides an innovative, interactive literacy experience that invites beginning through advanced-level readers to enter the world of quality books and communicate with favorite authors. Each selected title offers features such as community-building games, activities, and slideshows, and seamlessly encourages essential reading and writing skills. Teacher and parent support is provided with every featured book to help you support your students in getting the most out of each reading experience.
- Offer observations, make connections, react, speculate, interpret, and raise questions in response to text
- Identify and discuss book themes, characters, plots, and settings
- Connect their experiences with those of the author and/or with characters from the books
- Support predictions, interpretations, conclusions, etc. with examples from text
- Practice key reading skills and strategies (cause-and-effect, problem/solution, compare-and-contrast, summarizing, etc.)
- Monitor their own comprehension