About the Book
In the harsh wilderness beyond the owl world of Ga’Hoole, courageous wolf pup Faolan overcomes his weakness to change forever the wolves of the Beyond.
- Why does Thunderheart choose the name “Faolan” for the little wolf pup? What does your name mean?
- Why do you think Thunderheart makes Faolan dig and fish with his splayed paw?
- Faolan has traits of both a bear and a wolf. Name some of these traits. Which animal would you rather be? Why?
- Faolan first learns about wolves from the pictures on the cave wall. What have you learned from looking at pictures of your ancestors?
- Wolf packs work together with each wolf playing a special role. Have you ever worked as a team to accomplish something? What were the roles of the team members?
- What do you think the spiral mark on Faolan’s splayed foot means?
- What similarities made Faolan and Gwynneth fast friends? Think of some of your friends. What similarities do you share?
- Why do you think Gwynneth insisted that Faolan join a wolf pack instead of staying with her? Do you think she was right to force him to go? Why or why not?
- Faolan is not sure if it is better to be a lonely wolf or a gnaw wolf at the bottom of the pack. What would you do if you were Faolan?
- Faolan is excited to show the wolf pack his hunting skills. Do you think they will see him differently? Why or why not?