About the Book
The seven dragon tribes have been at war for generations, locked in an endless battle over an ancient, lost treasure. A secret movement called the Talons of Peace is determined to bring an end to the fighting, with the help of a prophecy, a foretelling that calls for great sacrifice.
- Clay believes that he is not a “naturally-hatched hero.” What makes him feel that he does not meet expectations? Have you ever felt that you did not meet expectations? Were you able to overcome those feelings?
- Clay is loyal, Starfl ight is smart, Tsunami is a protector, Sunny is an optimist, and Glory is a gentle beauty. Which dragonet is most similar to you?
- The original prophecy did not include a RainWing. How do the other dragonets feel about Glory? How do Kestral and the other minders feel about her after Morrowseer visits?
- Starflight reads the scroll about NightWings when he is upset. What do you do to make yourself feel better when you are upset?
- Why do you think the minders chain up Tsunami?
- Why do you think Glory refuses to hide when Queen Scarlet finds them in the cave? What would you have done if you were Glory?
- Why do you think Osprey defended Kestrel in the trial knowing it would anger Queen Scarlet?
- Clay plays the dragonet song on his wire and is surprised when all of the other dragons sing along. Why do you think they sing along?
- Why do you think Peril refuses to go with Kestrel? Why do you think he refuses to go with the dragonets? What would you have done if you were Peril?
- Why doesn’t Clay stay with his MudWing siblings and become their bigwings?