About the Book
This time, the magic mirror sucks Abby and Jonah into the story of Rapunzel. When the siblings get the famous tale all tangled up, they have to find a way to set things right...with hilarious results! With quick thinking and a bit of magic, can Abby and Jonah turn this bad hair day around?
- Abby was devastated that she did not win the spelling bee. Discuss a time you thought you would do well but did not. How did you feel?
- Abby and Jonah go through the magic mirror and fall into fairy tales such as Rapunzel. What fairy tale would you like to fall into?
- While Rapunzel is locked in the tower, she makes her own instruments. If you were locked in a tower what would you do to keep yourself busy?
- How are Rapunzel’s feelings about her new hairdo similar to Abby’s feelings about losing the spelling bee?
- How is the real story of Rapunzel different from and similar to this version? Explain which you like better and why.
- After losing her eyesight, Rapunzel puts her short haircut into perspective. Discuss a time you were able to put a problem into perspective.
- What truth does Rapunzel learn about herself ?
- At the end of the story, how does Abby feel about losing the spelling bee?
- Do you think Rapunzel would be better off if Abby and Jonah did not go through the mirror? Why or why not?
- What do you think would happen if Abby and Jonah told their parents about the magic mirror? Who would you tell about the magic mirror?