About the Book
In a terrifying future world of disaster and destruction, four girls must depend on each other if they want to survive.
- Why do you think Louisa is both nervous and excited to go to boarding school?
- Louisa feels pressure to become a doctor since both of her parents are doctors. Think about a time you felt pressure to succeed in something because a family member or friend does it well. How did it make you feel?
- Before Louisa gets to know someone she frequently feels shy. What circumstances make you feel shy? How can you feel more confident or help someone else feel more comfortable?
- Evelyn distrusts the people who run Country Manor. What occurrences strengthen her feelings of distrust?
- Louisa refuses to take off her locket with the picture of her parents and grandparents. What objects remind you of the special people in your life?
- Why do you think Louisa feels more comfortable at Country Manor as time passes, but Maddie becomes unhappier?
- Why does Maddie refuse to try to make friends with Rosie? What causes her to act this way?
- Louisa begins to feel that she has more in common with Rosie than with her best friend Maddie. Have you kept the same friends through the years or have your friends changed? Why?
- Maddie and Rosie do not like each other. What would you do if you had two friends who did not get along?
- Once the truth is discovered about Maddie and Country Manor, the girls put their differences aside and work together. Think about a time you pushed differences aside to accomplish something. Did it bring you all closer together?