About the Book
This coming-of-age true story is sure to resonate with anyone who has ever been in middle school, and especially those who have ever had a bit of their own dental drama.
- Raina’s accident changes many things in her life and teaches her about the meaning of true friendship. What lessons about friendship does she learn?
- Art is one of Raina’s favorite activities and usually keeps her busy when she is worried about something. Which activities help you clear your mind?
- Why do you think that Raina would want to try out for the basketball team?
- If someone embarrassed you in front of a friend, what would you do? Would you react as Raina did when her skirt was pulled down?
- Raina believes that her friends say mean things to her to make themselves feel better. Do you think she is right? Why or why not?
- Raina is disappointed by how her teeth look after her braces are removed. How do Raina’s new friends react? How would her old friends have reacted?
- Raina allows her feelings about her appearance to affect how she feels on the inside. Have you ever had similar feelings? What did you do to feel better?
- Raina finds that the more she focuses on her interests, the more she likes herself. Why do you think she feels this way?
- Raina realizes that people see her differently once she likes herself. Why do you think they do?
- Raina’s accident leads to a very difficult time in her life. Do her friends help her situation or do they make it worse?