About the Book
Sassy Simone Sanford is nine years old and the smallest in the house, but she brings sparkle and imagination everywhere she goes. When her family undergoes a scary experience, she not only needs to use her “Little Sister” status to save the day, but she also learns to embrace her loving family ... all while giving her school uniform a makeover and some SASS!
- How does Sassy feel about her given name and her nickname? How do you feel about your given name and your nickname?
- What is so amazing about the Sassy Sack?
- Why does Sassy think Miss Armstrong is a cool teacher? Who is your favorite teacher? Why is he or she your favorite?
- Sassy has to do an assignment that calls for her to find out who she really is. What does she find out about herself in completing the assignment?
- Grammy tells amazing stories. What kind of stories do you like to tell?
- Provide some examples from the book of how Sassy truly is sassy.
- How do you think Sassy felt about saving her family? Would you call her a hero? What do you think makes someone a hero?
- Electrical blackouts can be scary or exciting. Describe a time when you had to go without electricity. What was it like?
- How is your family similar to and different from Sassy’s family?
- How does Grammy help Sassy feel differently about her name?