About the Book
Can one person heal an entire family — all while in the throes of her first big crush? When her parents leave her with distant relatives and a pile of coded letters, Felicity has to try. It’s a tall order for a small girl, but she’s determined to crack the Romeo and Juliet code
- Why do the Bathburns give Felicity a nickname?
- Felicity does not know her extended family since they live far away. Do you live near or far from your extended family?
- Flissy believes that proper English children must act in certain ways. Name some of the things that children should or should not do according to Flissy.
- How would Derek have been different if he and Flissy had not become friends?
- Flissy’s favorite book is The Secret Garden. What is your favorite book? Why?
- Throughout the story, Flissy does not know why Danny and his family are not speaking or why Danny and Winnie had to leave. What were your predictions about these mysteries?
- Why do you think Wink is so important to Flissy in both the United States and in England? What do you think it means that Flissy wants to send Wink to her friend in England?
- Felicity remembers Winnie saying that it was her duty to live up to the greatness inside her. Why does Flissy tell this to Miami? What do you think of this advice?
- The Gram says that Flissy is a blessing in disguise. What does she mean by this?
- Once Flissy finds out the truth, how does she feel about Danny and Winnie? How does she feel about Gideon?