About the Book
Ben suddenly finds himself drawn into the mysterious underworld of Actuation — the ability to change reality by simply imagining it differently. When dangerous actuators threaten to corrupt its powers, will Ben and his new friend Peter be able to vanquish their enemies before it’s too late?
- How do Peter and Ben feel differently about detachment in the book?
- Why doesn’t Ben want to talk to his mom about the bully at school? Do you think many kids keep secrets about bullies from their parents? Why or why not?
- The ideal recruitment age range to join the Quantum League is eight to fourteen. Why?
- If you could actuate, what types of things would you want to do?
- Ben doesn’t know whom to trust. Who do you think the good guys in the book really are?
- How do Peter’s feelings toward Ben change throughout the book?
- If actuating were real, how could it be beneficial for humankind? How could it be damaging?
- Would you like to be chosen for a secret league like Ben is? Why or why not?
- How does Ben overcome his need to actuate with the help of a Locus? Have you ever had a good luck charm?
- Do you think Ben made the right decision to leave the Quantum League? Why or why not?