About the Book
When Danny finds out he’s on the infamous Loser List in the girls’ bathroom, his mission to erase it lands him in detention where the school’s bullies discover that Danny can draw. Not being a target for bullying anymore is great, until Danny is unwittingly drawn into a crime! It’s up to him to make things right — before he goes from dork to delinquent.
- Why do you think Chantal is mean to others and writes the “Loser List?” How does your school deal with bullying?
- All of the characters are introduced through the “At-a-Glance” feature. How does this help us understand the characters? What details would be included in an “At-a-Glance” about you?
- Do you think Danny deserved to get detention? Should he be treated like one of the bullies?
- What motivates Danny to become friends with Axl and the Skulls? How does this make Jasper feel?
- Danny collects comics and Axl collects sneakers. What do you collect or what would you like to collect?
- Why is Danny so upset when Axl steals the comic?
- Think of another character in a book that reminds you of Danny. How is this character similar to Danny? How is the character different?
- What does Danny learn about true friendship?
- Why do you think the author added so many illustrations to the book? Were they helpful in understanding the story? Why or why not?
- Danny spends a lot of time trying to be someone else. What does he learn about himself at the end of the book?