About the Book
When Grace falls into a strange frozen state on her birthday, Amanda and Leo must travel back in time in order to fix whatever’s wrong. As they journey back to each of Grace’s birthdays, they start seeing all sorts of patterns . . . which raise all sorts of questions. Luckily, a little birthday magic always helps in the Willow Falls series, where everything is possible and there are no coincidences.
- Do you think you could stop talking to your best friend for a year? Why or why not?
- How do Leo and Amanda communicate without speaking?
- Do you think it would be fun if your school was used for a movie shoot? Why or why not?
- How does traveling into the past make Amanda feel about her relationship with Stephanie? Why?
- Bucky says that one’s tenth birthday is special because “it’s a doorway between one world and the next. Between your past and your future. Childhood and what comes beyond.” What do you think he means by this?
- Amanda and Leo see their grandparents when they are young, but don’t say anything to them. What would you say to your young grandparents if you could?
- Why does Uncle Bill interfere with Angelina’s spells?
- Do Amanda and Leo succeed at their mission? Why or why not?
- What goes wrong on Angelina’s eighteenth birthday? What does she do to fix it? How is the problem finally resolved?
- Do you believe that there really are no coincidences? Why or why not?