About the Book
Written entirely in hilarious encyclopedia entries, The Encyclopedia of Me tells the story of Tink Aaron-Martin and her adventures with her best friend, Freddie Blue Anderson. E is for Excellent!
- Tink’s father calls her the peacemaker of the family. What do you think of Tink’s method of “peacekeeping”? How else could she try to keep the peace in her family?
- Tink loves skateboarding and hanging out in her favorite tree. Where is your favorite place to hang out? What is your favorite thing to do?
- What parts of the story made you realize that Tink and Freddie Blue might not be best friends forever?
- Tink is not sure she wants to be “pops.” Why do you think she feels this way?
- Who would you rather have as a best friend — Freddie Blue or Ruth? Use examples from the book to explain.
- Why do you think Tink keeps her feelings about Kai a secret from Freddie Blue? What would you do in her situation?
- Tink believes that when a family breaks, they are stronger once they are put back together. What do you think she means by this?
- Tink has a hard time standing up to Freddie Blue. What finally makes Tink stand up to her?
- Even though Tink realizes that Freddie is not treating her well, she still tries to be a good friend. How does she show her loyalty? Would you be as loyal as Tink?
- Tink starts to feel like a different person at the end of the story. What steps does she take to show people who she is? How can you tell she feels different?