About the Book
Renowned comics creator Jimmy Gownley shares his adventures as he grows from an eager-to-please boy into a teenage comic book artist and how the dumbest idea ever actually became the best thing that ever happened to him.
- Jimmy completed a project about the value of comic books. What is one of your favorite interests? Explain its value.
- Jimmy missed the basketball game and felt responsible that his team lost. Have you ever felt responsible for something out of your control? Explain.
- Why does Jimmy tell his mother he is fine, although he is actually having problems at school? Do you think many kids keep their feelings a secret from their parents? Why?
- Jimmy and Tony like teachers that let them express their own opinions. What is a characteristic that your favorite teacher possesses?
- How do Jimmy’s friends, family, and teachers react to his comic book? Was this reaction expected or was Jimmy surprised?
- List some examples of how Jimmy’s popularity gives him a big head. Has this happened to anyone you know?
- How does Ellen help to encourage Jimmy’s talent?
- How does Jimmy’s relationship with Tony change throughout the book?
- How is Tony an honest friend? Do you have friends like this?
- How was the “dumbest idea ever” actually a great idea?