About the Book
When the richest man in town goes missing, it seems like everyone from the mayor to the housekeeper wants his fortune. But Cassie and her German Shepard, Dodge, can smell a mystery from a mile away, and they're on the case.
- Part of this book is written from the point of view of Dodge, the dog. Think of another book with a point of view from an animal. What is similar? What is different?
- What makes Dodge and Cassie a good mystery solving team?
- What type of pet do you have or would you want? What kinds of things do you or would you do with your pet?
- Why do you think Cassie and Dodge stand up for others, even though it puts them at risk of getting into trouble? Have you ever stood up for someone or had someone stand up for you?
- Cassie volunteers at Pet Rescue since she enjoys being with animals. What type of volunteer work are you interested in?
- How do Cassie’s relationships with her brother and sister change? How has your relationship with siblings or cousins changed over the years?
- How are Dodge and Gatsby heroes? What might have happened if the dogs never used their special talents to solve the case?
- Sometimes Dodge feels bad because he is not part of the K-9 unit anymore. Do you think his feelings are warranted?
- Why do you think Hugo ran off on the beach instead of tracking down Verdel Ward?
- How does Dodge express himself in “dogisms”?