About the Book
When Michael Malone discovers his supernatural ability to alter reality, he is recruited by UNICORNE, an organization dedicated to investigating strange and paranormal phenomena. Stakes are high as Michael learns to harness his newfound ability and uncover the deadly truth about his father’s disappearance.
- Michael has the special talents of Imagineering, telling if a person is lying, and seeing ghosts. If you could have any magical skill, which one would you want? Why?
- Why do you think Klimt warns Michael by saying, “Be careful what you wish for—it might come true”? (p. 55)
- Do you think cellular memory could really exist? Why or why not?
- Would you want to be a member of UNICORNE? What do you think Michael’s mother would think if she knew? What would his father think?
- How do you think Michael feels about having special powers? How would you feel?
- How do Michael’s feelings toward Freya change over time?
- Freya told the police about a bright light. What do you think it was?
- Do you think Klimt is good or bad? Explain.
- What part of the story was most surprising? Why?
- Why do you think the book is called A Dark Inheritance?