About the Book
Caitlin would stay at summer camp forever if she could. Her new bestfriends in the world are there. At home, things don’t seem to be going right. But Caitlin has a good-luck charm bracelet. The Cabin 7 girls bought it together, and Caitlin is taking the first turn wearing it. She’s sure it will help turn her luck around...but when?
- Caitlin, Mia, Hannah, and Libby decide to keep in touch through letters. What do you think about writing letters instead of using the phone, emailing, or texting?
- Caitlin takes Mia’s advice and dances to cheer herself up. What do you do to feel better when you are in a bad mood?
- How do the people at the soup kitchen surprise Caitlin?
- Discuss the similarities between how Brie treats Caitlin and how Caitlin treats Esther. Do the relationships change? Explain.
- Why does Caitlin take off the bracelet? Why does she put it back on?
- Do you think it is easy or hard to follow the advice, “Be unique, and be yourself ”? (p. 35)
- Caitlin learns that true friends accept a person for who they really are, including their faults. Do you think this is true? Why or why not?
- Caitlin includes the phrase, “Bloom where you are planted” in her speech. What does it mean? How can you bloom where you are planted?
- Caitlin says, “Awesome shows up when you least expect it.” Discuss a time when awesome surprised you! (p. 183)
- Think about Caitlin’s campaign slogan and her ideas to improve the school. What would you want to change about your school if you ran for class president?