Use the rubric below to assess students' proficiency with the writing activity. Evaluate whether students' skills are improving or whether they may need additional support or instruction.
- 5: proficient: a high degree of competence
- 4: capable: an above-average degree of competence
- 3: satisfactory: a satisfactory degree of competence
- 2: emerging: a limited degree of competence
- 1: beginning: No key elements are adequately developed.
Amelia Earhart Newspaper article or Radio Announcement
|Crafts an inviting headline and lead.|| |
|Explains the topic: an event from the life of Amelia Earhart.|| |
|Expresses main idea in an introductory statement. || |
|Answers the questions: who, what, when, where, how.|| |
|Presents and explains supporting details.|| |
|Provides a conclusion that sums up main idea and gives insight into Earhart's character.|| |
|Divide subtotal by 6 to get Overall Score|| |
- The Flight of Amelia Earhart Activities