Teaching revision and editing—the most challenging tasks of writing—just became easier and more manageable. In her new book, Ruth Culham targets essential skills with “warm-ups”—short, powerful activities that provide students with real writing practice in revising for ideas, organization, voice, word choice, and sentence fluency, and in editing for conventions. Students apply what they learn to their own writing as they build confidence and master skills that last a lifetime!
Inside this book you’ll find:
- 180 reproducible warm-ups, one for each day of the school year
- A CD that lets you project all 180 warm-ups digitally or print them out
- Think Abouts—important, trait-specific questions students ask when the revise and edit with the warm-ups
- Sample responses to revision warm-ups and an answer key for editing warm-ups
- Handy reproducible resources for students, such as a trait-by-trait revision checklist