Resources to help you keep your career goals on target.
Best of the Edu Blogs
The Curriculum Corner
Jill McEldowney and Cathy Henry have mined their years in the classroom to create this brass-tacks site offering everything from printable math tools to organizational binders to author mentor studies.
Stories From School: Practice Meets Policy
From the Center for Strengthening the Teaching Profession comes a ruminative multi-teacher blog with posts on assessment, parent involvement, mentoring, and “life in the classroom.”
Nerdy Book Club
An all-star quartet of teacher book nerds—including “Book Whisperer” Donalyn Miller—keeps this site humming, and invites others to participate as guest bloggers; author posts, book reviews, and more are featured.
Books You, and We, Love
New, and on Our Radar:
• STEM to Story: Enthralling and Effective Lesson Plans for Grades 5–8
by 826 National, edited by Jennifer Traig
• Transformational Literacy: Making the Common Core Shift With Work That Matters
by Ron Berger et al.
On Your Lists:
“As a reading teacher, I’ll go with the ‘curriculum’ category. On my list are two for differentiating classrooms. Both contain easy-to-use assessments that students enjoy completing.” —Ellen Palmer, teacher adviser
• 25 Quick Formative Assessments for a Differentiated Classroom by Judith Dodge
• Assessments for Differentiating Reading Instruction by Laura Robb
"To incorporate shorter, more meaningful texts during math workshop, I like to use Greg Tang’s math stories.” —Lyssa Sahadevan, teacher adviser
• Math Fables: Lessons That Count by Greg Tang
• The Grapes of Math by Greg Tang
The complete collection of articles, lesson ideas, print-ready resources, and more.