Here are classroom-tested ideas for incorporating technology into your science lessons.
- Understand your objectives for the lesson. That will help you use the technology more effectively to meet those objectives.
- Take time to search the Internet for the best Web sites for students. Look for the most appealing (as well as educational) sites from a kid's perspective. Do some research over the summer to give yourself a head start.
- Don't try to do it all by yourself. Collaborate with other teachers to share great Web sites and information.
- Don't limit yourself to computers and Web sites. Try using every piece of technology at your disposal.
- Take some time to instruct students on how to conduct basic Internet searches, navigate Web sites, and properly care for a computer.