Staying organized is the secret to staying sane throughout the school year. The more organized you are, the easier your teaching day will be.
Try these five simple steps for classroom organization:
- Store student works in progress and completed assignments in file boxes. Label the boxes accordingly.
- Organize your closets by storing smaller items in plastic boxes and labeling your shelves.
- Write/post your daily agenda and class schedules for students to see. Many student questions will be answered by simply reading the information.
- Provide a mailbox for each student for distributing weekly assignments and other important information. Students can also store the materials they need to keep in class.
- Place items that appeal to students near your classroom library. This will make your classroom library more fun and inviting.